How can transition planning support career readiness for students with disabilities? During this webinar, presenters from the Georgia Department of Education and the Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency will provide an overview on the value of transition planning for students with disabilities including data sets and various environments where transition planning supports career readiness. Participants will explore effective transition planning through systems alignment from state and local perspectives, including leveraging of career and technical education and strategies for engaging various stakeholders in the transition planning process.
Presenters for the webinar include:
- Wina Low, Georgia Department of Education, Division for Special Education Services and Supports, Program Manager Senior
- Lauri Tuten, Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency, Director of Transition
- Shelley Kraft, Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency, Assistant Director of Transition
- Dr. John Pritchett, Georgia Department of Education, Career, Technical and Agricultural Education, Research, Technology and Innovation Specialist
- Helen E. Malone, Atlanta Area School for the Deaf, Department Head for Career Technical Instruction and Transition