Designing a comprehensive career pathways system requires analyzing labor market data, understanding of the key knowledge and skills needed in each industry, and interpreting systems data. Using this chapter, states and their stakeholders will:
- Review completed prioritized labor market gap analysis.
- Learn from industry experts about the key knowledge, skills, competencies, dispositions, and wage earnings.
- Interpret career pathways system data.
- Develop a career pathways framework.
- Plan for continuous improvement and sustainability.